OCI MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES
Frequently Asked Question
1. Who can avail the OCI Miscellaneous services?
Only a registered Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can avail the OCI Miscellaneous Services.
2. Under what circumstances can the services be availed?
OCI Miscellaneous services can be availed for re-issuance/issuance of duplicate OCI Registration Certificate and Visa in the following category of cases:
(i) In case of issuance of new passport (please refer Sl. No. 7 below),
(ii) In case of change of personal particulars viz. nationality etc.,
(iii) In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate/visa.
(iv) In case of filling of wrong personal particulars while submitting online applications viz. name, father’s name, date of birth etc.,
(v) In case of change of address/occupation
3. How to avail the services?
The services can be availed by applying Online and submitting one hard copy of the application along with the requisite fee and enclosures as mentioned in the application to the concerned Indian Mission/Post/Office. However, in case of change of address/occupation, hard copy of the application need not be submitted.
4. Whether a family can apply in same form?
No. each person has to individually apply online for availing the services
5. How many copies of application is to be submitted?
Only one copy is to be submitted at Mission/FRRO where he/she is residing.
6. Is OCI Miscellaneous service free?
Fees has to be paid for re-issuance of OCI.
Fee for re-issue of OCI document in case of issuance of new passport, change
of personal particulars, wrong filing of particulars –FJ$ 60/-
Fee for duplicate OCI document in case of loss/damage of old documents is – FJ$ 225/-
7. Whether OCI documents have to be re-issued each time a new passport is taken?
OCI registration certificate and visa have got to be re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age and once after completion of 50 years of age. Re-issuance of OCI registration certificate and visa is not mandatory, each time a new passport is issued between 21-50 years of age. However, if the applicant wishes to obtain new set of OCI documents, he/she can apply for the same.
8. What documents are to be enclosed along with the application for availing OCI Misc. Services?
Copy of OCI registration certificate and visa
(a) In case of issuance of new passport, copy of U-visa pasted on the old passport along with copy of registration certificate has to be enclosed. If the old passport is not returned by the concerned authorities while issuing new passport and copy of the U-visa had not been taken prior to the surrender of old passport, they may not be enclosed. A copy of new passport also to be enclosed.
(b) In case of loss of OCI Registration Certificate and/or Visa, copy
of the complaint lodged with Police authorities and copy of visa and registration certificate to be enclosed. If a copy of the registration certificate and/or visa was not taken prior to the loss, they may not be enclosed.
(c) In case of change of personal particulars (due to change by the
applicant or wrong filling of particulars by the applicant or Indian Mission/Office), copy of the document (s) relevant for affecting the requisite changes viz. Nationality Certificate in case of change of nationality etc to be enclosed.
9. What will be issued after availing the services?
A new OCI Registration Certificate and Visa would be issued after surrender of the old OCI documents.
10. Whether both OCI Registration Certificate and Visa would be issued afresh?
Yes. Both OCI Registration Certificate and Visa shall be issued in respect of any/ all service(s).
11. Whether the applicant has to go in person to the Indian Mission/Post/ Office for obtaining the new OCI documents?
Applicants may send the Passport and the OCI Registration Certificate to the concerned Indian Mission/Post through any relative or friend along with an authorization to return the passport to the person.
12. What should be done for issuance of duplicate OCI documents in case of loss of OCI registration certificate and/or U-visa?
In case of loss of OCI documents, file a complaint with the Police authorities and enclose a copy of the complaint with the hard copy of the application.
13. In case of loss/damage of OCI documents, what is the procedure for grant of duplicate OCI documents?
The duplicate OCI documents shall be granted only after personal interview. The date and time of personal interview shall be intimated by the concerned Indian Mission/Post/Office.